NAA Executive BoardGENERAL DUTIES OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS
The Executive Board of the NAA is elected by the membership annually. The term of office is from January 1 to December 31 and each board member must be an active member of the NAA. Officers will serve without monetary remuneration. A list of duties for each position is provided below. Please consider volunteering for a position on the Executive Board. Just send us an email. You can reach any one of the officers via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The PRESIDENT shall preside at meetings and perform such duties as ordinarily pertain to this office. The President shall appoint, with the approval of the Board, an officer to fill any vacancy.
The SHOW COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON shall assume the President’s responsibilities in that person’s absence, and shall perform the duties of the presidency. The Show Committee Chairman and the three (3) committee members will be responsible for getting judges for shows, supplying entry forms, setting up and providing workers for show entry days, hanging shows, and perform such duties as ordinarily pertain to this office.
The TREASURER shall be responsible for the final accounting of all NAA monies, paying expenses and maintaining the accounts of the NAA general funds, savings accounts, and checking accounts. This officer shall perform such other duties as ordinarily pertain to this office including a monthly accounting of the organization’s income and expenditures.
The SALES ACCOUNT TREASURER shall be responsible for monies generated from sales of the NAA and the distribution of those monies. Monthly accounting of these monies along with the sales register and their distributions will be given to the Treasurer and Executive Board monthly. This officer shall be responsible for the payment of Federal and State taxes.
The SECRETARY shall record and transcribe the minutes of all NAA meetings and perform other duties as pertaining to this office. Draft minutes are to be submitted to the Board for review and final, approved, minutes maintained in a binder at the Gallery.
The GALLERY DIRECTOR shall be responsible for ensuring that the overall appearance of the Gallery is in good order, training and scheduling of hosts for each shift. This officer shall approve consignment items and their placement in the gallery. This officer or his/her designee shall be responsible for entering consignment items into the inventory system.
The PROGRAM CHAIRPERSON shall be responsible for arranging demonstrators and/or presenters for general membership meetings. This officer shall be responsible for scheduling and all other arrangements for workshops or classes sponsored by NAA.
The MARKETING DIRECTOR shall be responsible for getting publicity about shows and NAA activities in newspapers and other social media. This officer shall be responsible for collecting photographs of show entires.
The MEMBERSHIP CHAIRPERSON shall be responsible for maintaining the membership records and forms on the NAA G-Drive, answering questions regarding membership and maintaining a supply of current year membership forms in the Gallery. This position will mail newsletters and notifications to those members not receiving the newsletter or notifications by email.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD:
- Meet as necessary for business by the Board.
- Approve the treasurer and gallery sales treasurer’s monthly reports.
- Provide a budget for the organization.
- Maintain show and gallery rules, and NAA policies.
- Establish accounting procedures for the organization.
- Maintain a constitution.
- Keep articles of Incorporation current.
- Approve all capital expenditures for the organization as well as other expenditures that exceed a set monetary value to be determined by the Board’s approved budget.
- Publish a monthly newsletter.
- Secure all necessary insurance for the organization.
- Set all fees for the organization, including payment for judges, instructors, program presenters and awards.
- Coordinate for the purchase, maintenance, and storage of all NAA properties needed for NAA Gallery and exhibitions.
- Approve schedule of shows and featured artists.
- Participate in show change activities.
- Engage in all business that pertains to the functioning of the organization.