The Association was formed in 1950 to pursue the following mission:
The Nevada Artists Association is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and advancing visual, creative art to be shared with the community.
NAA encourages a high standard of art through an ongoing series of
art shows in our gallery for our members and guest artists while offering workshops and outreach programs.
NAA Notable Changes and Accomplishments in Recent History
These accomplishments and achievements were all possible from the efforts and donations of time and money from many members, board members and individuals supporting the arts.
Watch a wonderful interview of Pat Holub – 2016: Pat Holub Full Interview – Carson City, NV
- Increased annual membership.
- Membership changed to include member’s page on NAA website.
- Members can now pay for hosting obligations.
- Added Board position of Membership Chairperson.
- Gallery days and hours of operation changed to Tuesday-Sunday, 12-4pm
- Incorporated the Square Point Of Sale (POS) system for inventory and sales management.
- Updated and redesigned website, including the addition of documents and forms.
- Reduced postage fees and printing costs by utilizing website, email and newsletters more efficiently.
- Modernized payment of expenses to Autopay.
- Received donations to help fund future improvements.
- Updated Show Rules.
- Established the Pat Holub Award to be given out at the Nevada Day Show.
- New definitions for photography and what is digital art
- Addition of Featured Artist Shows during Member Only Shows.
- Streamlined show entry process.
- Increased the number of cash awards in each Judged Show.
- Three (3) judges utilized for each Judged Show.
- Monthly participation in the Downtown Business Association Wine Walk.
- Extended hours of operation to be open during BAC events.
- Increased community awareness of the gallery and shows through social media.
- Participation in Carson City Open Studio Tours sponsored by Jazz & Beyond.
- Joined the Carson City Downtown Business Association, Capital City Arts Initiative and Carson City Arts and Culture Coalition.
- Major capital Improvements to Gallery appearance.
- Purchased new gallery furniture and displays.
- Installed and updated Gallery signs.
- Changed light fixtures to LED.
To contact the gallery, please call 775-882-6411
Tuesday – Saturday 12-4pm Closed Monday