The Association was formed in 1950 to pursue the following mission:
The Nevada Artists Association is a 501-(c)(6) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and advancing visual, creative art to be shared with the community.
N.A.A. encourages a high standard of art through an ongoing series of
art shows in our gallery for our members and guest artists while offering workshops and outreach programs.
2015-2016 NAA Notable Changes and Accomplishments
These accomplishments and achievements were all possible from the efforts and donations of time and money from many members, board members and individuals supporting the arts.
- Increased membership for 2015 and 2016
- The membership fee was increased to $40 and now includes member’s page
on NAA website
- Changed hosting requirements to include paying for any or all hostings.
As far as can be determined October 2016 was the greatest month of revenue in recent NAA history.
- The gallery is now closed on Mondays and is now open on Sundays
- A newly redesigned website was designed, developed and launched
- Reduced postage fees and printing costs by reducing the number of
NAA newsletters being sent via USPS
- No funds were withdrawn in 2016 from the NAA savings account
- Started collecting donations for capital improvements
- Started raffling donated art for future improvements
- Held 2015 Christmas Art Show at the BAC
- Held Workshop by renowned artist Doug Dawson
- Received donated laptop for Gallery use
- New signs were made for the judged show categories
- Updated Show Rules to include unframed prints on metal
- Established the Pat Holub Award to given out at the Nevada Day Show
- Beginning with the Nevada Day 2015 Show, three judges were “hired” for $50 each honorarium and going forward all judged shows will have at least two judges
- New definitions for photography and what is digital art
- The NAA began participating in the Wine Walk
- NAA joined the Carson City Downtown Business Association
- The NAA is Included in Carson City Art Walk brochure and campaign
- New chairs were purchased for member meetings
- A large display case was moved to provide a clear view of the back wall
- The front gate was fixed
- Gallery spotlights have been replaced by L.E.D. lights. This saves money on our electric bill and the need for fewer replacement bulbs going forward
- Purchased new “Open” sign
To contact the gallery, please call 775-882-6411
Tuesday – Saturday 12-4pm Closed Monday