Click here for the 2022 Membership Application and Renewal form
Welcome to the Nevada Artists Association Membership
The NAA Mission
The Nevada Artists Association is a 501 C (6) non-profit organization formed in 1950. It is dedicated to promoting and advancing visual, creative art to be shared with the community. NAA encourages a high standard of art through an ongoing series of art shows in our Gallery for our members and guest artists while offering workshops and outreach programs.
The NAA Gallery, located at 449 W. King Street was established on the campus of the Brewery Arts Center in 1979 and has been in continuous operation since then. The NAA is the largest respected Fine Art Gallery in the Carson City/Lake Tahoe area.
Whether you are a beginning artist or a professional, as a Member of the Nevada Artists Association you are a part of a large network of creative and talented individuals working together in a supportive, enthusiastic organization to further the art community. Benefits include:
- Opportunities to meet and have fellowship with other artists and art lovers,
at all levels of proficiency.
- Opportunity to rent the Featured Artist Wall for your own show.
- Membership Meetings featuring guest speakers and demonstrations.
- A monthly newsletter with show information, news, available art classes, and workshops.
- Opportunities to exhibit your work for sale in judged as well as member-only shows throughout the year.
- Space to exhibit consignment items.
- Notification of other community events and shows you may also want to enter that give you the opportunity to present and sell your work.
- Having your art and biography presented on the NAA website.
The Featured Artist Wall
- The Featured Artist wall will be for rent by members during
- The wall space fee is $100.00 for six (6) weeks and may be shared.
- Scheduling for the Featured Artist Wall will be determined by lottery-style by January of each year for all Featured Artist Shows for that year.
- The member(s) renting the Featured Artist Wall may have a reception at the gallery should they choose to do so. They are solely responsible for hosting their own reception.
- All sales from the Featured Artist Wall show will be handled through the gallery.
- The standard commission of 25% will be applied to all sales.
- The Featured Artists will be responsible for hanging and taking down their show and making exhibit cards for each piece.
- All presentation rules apply.
- An entry form with the exhibited pieces must be submitted to the Gallery Director five (5) days before your show so items can be entered into the inventory system (Square).
- You are responsible for submitting photos of your entries for promotional purposes.
Membership in NAA means that you are part of a co-op. Everyone takes turns helping out to the best of their ability. This includes helping to set up or take down shows, Hosting in the Gallery, volunteering for events like the Wine Walk or evening events, submitting things for the Newsletter or website and coming to Membership meetings. Your voice and ideas are important to us. Election of Board members occur every November, please let us know if you are interested: email@example.com
Student members enjoy all of the same benefits as regular members except that they do not Host nor can they be on the Board.
If you have Bin Art or Consignment items in the Gallery, you are required to host the Gallery one (1) shift each month. When you enter a show it is your responsibility to Host two (2) shifts for each show entered. If you cannot or don’t want to Host a shift you may pay $10 for each shift you cannot fulfill. If you do sign up to host and then cannot host, it is your obligation to find a member to work your shift. If you can’t find anyone to host for you, call the Gallery Director. If you don’t find a replacement and you do not call the Gallery Director, the gallery will have to close during that time and you will owe a $10 hosting fee.
It is your responsibility to be trained on HOW to Host the Gallery and operate the Square Point of Sale (POS) system. If you forget, please ask a Board member for help. If you have any limitations and think you might not be able to fulfill the Hosting duties, please talk to the Gallery Director. He or she may be able to excuse you. This is done on a case-by-case basis.
When visitors come into the Gallery, please welcome them. Let them know about the bin art and mention the other consignment items: gourds, scarves, sculptures, cards, bookmarks, glass, pottery, jewelry, wooden items, etc.
Please submit an artist bio and examples of your work to be included on our website. We do not sell your work off the website but it is a great place for viewers to see examples of your work and contact you. Speak to a Board Member about how to submit your information.
You can reach any one of the officers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Gallery phone number is 775-882-6411.
Hours are Tuesday – Sunday 12-4pm Closed Mondays
Website is: http://www.nevadaartists.org
Updated: October 2021